My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Monday, February 14, 2005

The Fine Art of Wooing

Those of you who know me well may have heard me say that there is an art to everything we do. I truly believe this. In fact it is like one of my personal mottoes. Notice though that the word “everything” is italicized. This is what gives this personal philosophy some extra punch. Doesn’t matter what we may be referring to, there is a specific and artistic way of going about something, and this certainly includes the wooing of a woman. With that, I shall now attempt to appease the ravenous appetites of those interested in my most recent outing with a certain Jerry Andrew Mayers.

In conjunction with my philosophy concerning the artistic nature of our every action, many of you may have also repeatedly heard me say that I consider myself to be a simple sort of girl. Extravagance has its place, but not with me. Seems to me that Andrew has done his homework, although I suspect that a certain roommate of mine may have been his accomplice in crime. Yet I cannot fault him for this. I’m sure that even the finest detective was never ridiculed for his choice in a credible source.

My hat goes off to you though Andrew for tapping into my simplicities, whether you picked up on them yourself or whether you were educated by my better half. I am still trying to figure out how you came to choose the Billy Joel. Maybe I can credit myself for that one. Maybe I'm rubbing off on you when I insist on listening to him during our occasional joyrides. Also there is something especially elegant about a bouquet of daisies. Maybe it is their compatibility with my personality or their lack of thorns. Whatever the case may be, I cannot help but smile looking at them from across the room.

I was once told by some superstitious soul that should you ever receive a fortune cookie the rule of thumb is to eat the entire cookie before reading the fortune. This is to ensure its fulfillment, and me, being the gullible type, pretends to believe such foolishness. Thus at dinner I shared this morsel with Andrew only to elicit a slight chuckle. Of course, he, being the more rational one of the two of us, disregarded my comment and read his fortune before finishing the cookie. Me, being anal retentive, had to chew and swallow before even peeking at the tiny scrap of paper. This is what my fortune read: Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Now normally, I would laugh to myself and not give it a second thought. But I feel that this one is particularly applicable to me. I’m still not quite sure in which direction the sun is facing, but armed with some SPF 30+, a pair of shades, and my superior sense of navigation, we’ll find it.

5 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Andrew, if you are reading, PRAISE GOD FOR YOU!!!! Sister, if you haven't done it already, make the mental note now: I am sometimes wrong, but I am ALWAYS RIGHT! May all men learn from you Andrew. Patti, do you remember my accent article regarding fortune cookies oh-so long ago? Something about them can will us to do things. Don't just face the sun, but meet that scorcher on the nudest of beaches and say "gimme all you got!" As our very wise, wise grandmother has said dear sister, no one will ever be able to hurt you the same way again. Take the strength we inherit from her- why carry the shadows with you? They cannot exist in the light of our almighty and rightous Lord. Wrap yourself in that light and go forward.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want all men to learn from me ;) Cause then I would be no better then the next guy. Its called a competive advantage hehe. Anyways thank yall for the compliments.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Caitlin said...

You have a great tone to your writting! I'm so glad you had a good time! I'm going to be sending your bobby pins to you ASAP!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Hehehe! Go Andrew! and Dolly is ALWAYS RIGHT she told me this just the other day too! I must get back into bed for my mom might strangle me if i don't! Btw i'll keep in mind the fortune cookie! ;)

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Patti... so am I going to get to meet this gentleman when I come in March? Oh I had better, for I want to just reinforce what I'm sure he already knows... he's working to win the heart of one of the greatest girls.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home