My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Vat Am I Going To Vear Today?

Pulling open dresser drawers and swinging open closet doors I always ask this question out loud as if expecting an answer. Usually it is directed toward my roommate. In fact this silly little saying originated during my Freshman year when Dolly, my older sister, cohabitated with me. She'd always laugh and might even throw me a suggestion or two. It was also likely that this would be the time that she might ask to borrow something of mine, as the drawers were open for display.

Our particular favorite was a shirt that came to be known between the two of us as the sherbet shirt. There was nothing extraordinary about this specific shirt besides the fact that it was centuries old and still managed to maintain its orange creamsicle vibrance. I first bought the sherbet shirt when I was in highschool. I fell into the Gap one day and it just beckoned me to the clearance rack. Being the bargain shopper that I am, I could not resist such an oppportunity. It wasn't until years later that I really realized just how wise I was in buying that shirt.

If given her choice of my entire wardrobe, Dolly would have, without question, chosen to wear the sherbet shirt. I'm not sure if it was the color, or the fabric, or the contagiously giddy feeling one had when wearing the shirt that made it the pick of the litter. Needless to say, when Dolly headed off to the motherland, she made off with the sherbet shirt leaving me shirtless! The good news if that I haven't been flashing the student body all this time. I've been on the hunt for the perfect replacement, and over Christmas break this year I achieved much success. While shopping with Vicky, my younger sibling, I spotted that same indescribable creamsicle hue. Ironically, it too, sat folded on a clearance rack. Without question this would be the purchase of the day.

Thus, this morning when I asked, "Vat am I going to vear today?" in my best Swedish accent, I was reminded of days past, days when we swapped shirts and so much more. So from under all the other shirts I've decided on this one, the replacement. Slightly modified, but still boasting that Crayola uniqueness. This one is for you Dolly. Wish you could see it!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See being a guy, my train of thought is what didn't I wear yesterday. And if I'm really awake I'll try to find some cloths that havn't been worn since being washed. But of course the easyest way is to just put them on prior to going to bed. This ensures you will know what to wear, but it also promotes forgetting things like shaving, combing hair, and doderent (which is a bad thing to forget). :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

LOL You are so funny! I'm picturing all of this occuring in my head and its wicked! Dolly should have introduced u much earlier! You have some skill i must say! your poetry is outstanding and your blogging is hilarious! Gotta hand it to ya!

4:37 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Shall I make it a sherbet shirt day as well? Do you think the board that will question, interview, interrogate (whatever) me on my student visa today at 3 will be impressed if I flash a little sherbet colored sweetness at them? Hmmm, probably not. What your question, is exactly mine at this moment. "What infact will I wear?" and the funny thing is, I don't usually quote you in Swedish fashion, but yesterday I did. Unlike you, MAK Bunny did give an answer. You could have taken a picture! And why didn't you buy the shirt for me you boob!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home