My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Lost But Not Yet Found

“You’re the inspiration.” were the lyrics sung in a hit song by the group Chicago. Under normal circumstances I might continue singing the song to myself, being that it is one of my personal favorites. Yet as of lately all I can seem to muster up is a pathetic, discordant sigh.

The other week I received some junk mail from poetry.com. On any other day I might not be able to contain myself and begin ripping the envelope open as I ascended the stairs to the third floor. But not this day. Without a second thought I peered into the cellophane window presenting my name and address, sighed as once before, and nonchalantly tossed the unopened envelope into the trash can.

Oh how I long to sit and scribble poetic expressions of my deepest inner thoughts and feelings. But it appears that my tall, dark, and handsome past has not only recklessly stolen my heart and spirit, but my inspiration as well. Where is that girl who in less than an hour could artistically spill the entire contents of her soul onto a mere piece of paper? Where are those individualized ideas about love and life? Where are those joyful moments when my heart swelled beyond confining ribs?

Perhaps they have been thrown in the corner under the remains of some dirty laundry. Or maybe they have been discarded along with the household garbage. Yet maybe, perhaps, you have hidden them in the closet, for it is then that they are out of sight and out of mind, just like me.

This lost and found is till waiting for a Good Samaritan, someone to find and return that which was unjustly possessed. I want to write again. I want to idealize again. I want to love again. I’m here to say I want it all back.

5 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

"When coy words ended, and lines filled with symbols ended, I spoke as I never had intended. Be here- that is what all these charge accounts and bookcases are for-- I want to write you. I want to write for you. Not in fragrant dances through dreamy fields, but in the musty smell of your hair I want to nestle after long sleep. I want to drool for you, instead of imagining who I might drool for. Be here-- unmistakably here. I am tired of the one who might leave or might never leave-- Institutionalizing the vows we never made with a strike of ill confinement that rattles our fleeting aspirations. Be here-- my street is protecting your window, and I am only a ghost without you." PM

12:32 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

nice! impressive! got a motive now Pat? ;) loves!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

hey girl! Have a favor to ask. If u go to my blog and read what going on it'd help me out a lot. I'm hoping to send out the email this week. I might extend the deadline to friday...

2:09 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

hey yea, I posted a new blog the one i wanted u to read. the other one was from earlier today. I just need some ppl to sign it. thers only 20..

2:38 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

hey phoof-meister. think you could update sometime this century? some of us would like to know what is going on in your life.

laff...

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home