My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

More Than Just Tax Day

As twilight creeps upon the providence of Tennessee it is not surprising to know that most people are still scurrying about, running on their 50th cup of coffee, clicking away at calculators, and nervously gnawing on the distal end of the pencil that was once inconspicuously tucked behind their ear. Ah, but not I. No, I am thinking of you. For as the clock strikes midnight, it is more than just tax day. Surely I shall be one of few people to rejoice at the opportunity to hand a portion of my hard earned, measly income over to Uncle Sam. But you see, without today there would be no you.

There would be no one to snuggle-bug with. There would be no one to tattle on. There would be no one to sing with. There would be no one to laugh with. There would be no one to cry with. And who knows, there may never have been me, for I could not live or laugh or love without you.

Sto Lat! Happy Birthday! And know that today is more than just tax day. It's more than figures and decimal points and dollar signs. It's about you. In my pathetic little world that is all I know. That is all that is significant to me. I love you!

Ode to Dolly

3 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Thanks sister. I have to laugh at the "there would be no Patti if there hadn't been Dolly" part. That is only correct because we were lucky enough that Shmoey married Mom 2 days before I was born so I would be a bastard child and then they were forced to have sex again. What a fox our mother is! ha ha! Love ya!

10:57 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

*** WOULDN'T BE!!!!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

Today is Dolly's Bday!! Happy Birthday Doll! OH doll you're something! LUV YOU!! my turn to blog!

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home