My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Ya Get More Mileage From A Cheap Pair Of Sneakers

Thus were the lyrics written by the renowned song writer, singer, and pianist, Billy Joel. There's something about a new pair of shoes, sneakers in particular. Over Spring Break I went out on a limb, appeasing my inner voice and satisfying my shoe fetish with a bargain pair of NewBalance. The occasion was one of special significance, for this was my first pair of NewBalance sneakers. Possessing a Type-A personality complex, and being rather anal retentive, I always purchase Nike Airwalks. Thus, for me to step out of my comfort zone was truly celebratory, although I'm quite sure that my purchase was heavily influenced by the fact that the shoes were almost 40% off the original price!

I wore the shoes only once over the break for a total of a few hours. But this past Monday I sported them all day long, and as I said before, there is something about a new pair of sneakers. I have seriously debated the various reasons for my excitement, but have not been successful in narrowing down my conclusion. I suspect it may have something to do with the crisp white fabric as opposed to the grungy brownish color of my other shoes buried in the closet. Or maybe it has something to do with the new laces. No frayed ends makes for easier tying. Yet, as disgusting as it sounds, I'm really more convinced that it has something to do with how they make your feet smell. Despite even the most perfuse perspiration or mafungo flare up, your feet will not adopt that usual aeromatic waftiness until those babies are well broken in. Call me crazy, but that's my theory.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Send me a pair of new balances! I need new shoes, big time! I bought my first pair of adidas last january and was oh so disappointed with them, though they were pretty sharp looking. Is our man AI3 still cranking out new sneaks? My Polish students laff when I tell them another name for sports shoes, that which they call adidas, is 'sneakers' which to them is too similar to 'snickers'. To be hungry every time you put your shoes on- that would be rough. laff...

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home