My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, February 24, 2005

South Carolina or Bust!

Spring Break has sprung upon us, in a very literal sense. While preparing to depart for the Krupp residence in Liberty, South Carolina for my week and a half hiatus, I have witnessed the evidences of spring left and right. Robins have come to roost on Thatcher lawn and there are even some daffodils blooming along University Drive. But more than that, I'll now make my point by quoting a certain Barry White - "Love is in the air."

Returning late last night to Thatcher Hatchery I beheld more than just a drove of robins. Scattered about the porch were approxiamately 7 couples. I suppose they were bidding each other farewell for the break. Twas quite a long farewell, but hey, who am I to criticize?

With that, I leave you with a poetic taste of South Carolina, a place that I have grown to love.

Interstate Exhibition

For Rachel and Ronald

Paint me sunsets with
Right-handed brush strokes,
Across the canvas of
South Carolina skies.
A mere spectator from
My passengerside window,
I am admitted to this rare display,
Free of charge.
As Maternal Daylight yawns wearily
Gold joins hands with Crimson
And Lavender hues.
Twirling each other in circles,
They ring-around-the-rosey
On the horizon until
Paternal Twilight tucks them
In under a blanket of stars.

3 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Reminds me of a great song by James Taylor, but I'm sure having driven with me you know of which song I am speaking... laff...

11:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Patty,

How it seems like yesterday we "Spring Breaked" our way to Pittsburgh. Ahh, the memories. I still don't understand how we managed two hospital visits in 3 days. :o) I am so very proud of you Patty. God Bless.

Mr. Bianco

8:48 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

it's been a while since i've seen a blog from you!! Where are you?

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home