My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Fat Lady Has Sung!

With a standing ovation the fat lady has sung and we are moving on to bigger and better things. These past weeks have been a chaotic mess with the fire, graduation, packing, and moving. But with a long and relieving sigh I have survived it all, although there were moments at the end where I was sure I was going to kick before my eyes ever beheld that lovely diploma.

The nursing pinning was more then memorable. Ebony and Sylvia practiced their sign language for hours upon hours until every movement was graceful and perfected. Once I had seen their progress I felt proud to be able to sing for them. On stage, although nervous, everything fell into place and we were a hit. Strange thing though, I still don't feel like a real nurse, although people keep calling me that. I guess once I take my NCLEX and I actually see my license to practice, it will become more real.

Graduation was beyond words. I sat on the edge of my seat as Dr. Ben Carson addressed the graduating class. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed afterwards when I desparately tried to find him so that I might have the privilege of shaking his hand. He was nowhere to be found. Maybe some day. I was quite pleased with myself though as Gordon Bietz handed me my diploma and leaned in and commented, "Sounds like you have a fan club out there." referring to the noise produced from my cheering section in the audience. I shall never forget the calling of my name as I strode across the stage and firmly shook his hand. It was the first time in my life that I felt like I had accomplished something great. Almost as though I was the first person to do such a thing, silly as it sounds.

Yesterday was another day of firsts. After sleeping on the floor for almost a week I was fed up. Thus I gathered all my gift money and I set out to buy a bed. $700 marked down to $399, I am now the owner of my very own self bought most comfortable bed in the world. Regardless of the fact that I still don't have sheets, I slept like a baby last night. Sawed logs, literally!

I will be at this apt for the summer and then I will move into my own place. Please pray that I might be able to get into a certain apt complex that I have my sights set on. It is very nice. Hopefully God will lead me to where I am supposed to be. Thanks to all for being patient with me. I will not be blogging as often because it is a lot to travel to campus to get on a computer. But know that I am thinking of you all, esp you Dolly and that I love you and am praying for you all. Here is my new address:

9325 B East Brainerd Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421

Drop me a line!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does your cell phone work? I've tried calling you friday, sat, sun, and monday and never a peep. Do u have a land line now? I'd like to stop bye. Before I leave for VA friday.

12:20 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

ah, if only the rest of us porawski's could be as successful and stable as you...

12:48 PM  
Blogger Nikki said...

CONGRADULATIONS!! I wish I could have been there to cheer you on! here, GO PATTI!!! WHOOO!! I will pray that you get the place you want!ok i g2g! loves! congrats!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home