My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Missing Piece

Shel Silverstein wrote a book called The Missing Piece. I own this book. It's somewhere in the spare room in one of the many boxes of books that I have yet to unpack since moving to Cleveland in December. As with most of his stories, it's really quite simple, an easy read, yet those of us who have matured over the years, and still remain loyal fans are able to dig deeper into the stories, unveiling their hidden meanings.

The Missing Piece tells the story of a cheesewheel-type creature who is missing a wedge out of his side. Throughout the book he rolls here and there looking for this missing piece.

This evening as I sit on the couch alone I'm overwhelmed with the sensation that something is missing, but this type of "missing" isn't like that feeling you get when you're packing your suitcase for a long trip and somehow have convinced yourself that you forgot something important like your deodorant or toothbrush. It's far more important than a toothbrush.

Then I realize what it is. I'm alone. His smell lingers on my skin, but he's not here. And that piercing gaze, from the bluest eyes, is missing from this room. The person everybody thought was my polar opposite, the person everybody thought couldn't make me happy, turned out to be my missing piece.

He fills that hole in my heart. Yet when I leave his presence a part of me stays with him till I see him again, and then all is right with the world, my world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home