My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Persistance In Vain

Persistance is a funny thing. When it is coming from an outside source it can almost be obnoxious, yet coming from within yourself it's almost as if it itself is tapping into your power stores and suddenly you have the will-power to accomplish the impossible. At least that's how it is for me. A few days ago I was indeed the subject of some hardy persistance and thus I could not resist the temptation to share the experience with my avid readers.

I was at the local car wash taking care of Wanda. She was quite filthy and it had become intolerable. I even went so far as to buy some new floor mats, a can of those ArmorAll wipes, and some waterfall scented air-fresheners. While vaccuuming out the crumbs and such which I really have no idea how they even got there I noticed the gentlemen in front of me, if you could call them that. They were of course some good ole' southern boys and thus to finish the cliche they were scrubing down their red Ford pick-up truck. The situation could not be more picturesque. Yet despite the task they had before them they seemed distracted. I followed their line of eye and discovered their distraction. About 2 sections up from me were what I would refer to as Ho-Cakes. I suppose I would consider them to be pretty but the fact that they were half naked with the added fact that I am a heterosexual really does nothing for me. Thus I really have no choice but to refer to them as such. Intentionally bending over their beat up Chevy they apparently were enticing enough for these young men. At the present I felt a little self conscious and wondered why they had not stopped washing their truck to watch me and Wanda. After all she is far better looking then any Chevy. With a sigh I just continued with my chore and quickly left.

About 2 hours later I found myself pulling into the local McDonald's parking lot. I had a craving and nothing by-golly was going to stop me from satisfying it. As I made the right-hand turn I noticed 2 young men in a pick-up truck behind me follow my path. As I pulled into the drivethru and listened to the hum of Wanda's 6 cylinders, my thoughts were interrupted by a whistle which came not but once, but twice. I peered into my rearview mirror and what do you know, Mr. Pick-up had all but fallen out of his truck trying to get my attention. As if the whistle wasn't obvious enough he then honked at me. I was beginning to think that there might be something wrong with Wanda, thus prompting them to get my attention. After I laughed a little more and then pulled thru to the pay window he made his final attempt. High beams. Yes you heard me right, highbeams. In broad daylight this fellow and his compadre flipped on their headlights. Without giving them a bit of attention I grabbed my food from the window lady and zipped off into the sunset.

I'd like to think that they were pursuing me, or flirting with me, or whatever you call it. For awhile I figured they were just trying to annoy me. But you must understand southern men, they have their ways and hopefully I was not wrong in my assumption. It just goes to show beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Or should I say the Ho-Cake is in the eye of the beholder?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have an impressive blog here! Excellent job. I have a hair loss shampoo site. It pretty much covers hair loss shampoo related stuff.

Come and check it out when you get time :-)

7:48 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

phoofy! to get rid of the annoying anonymous blog comments i suggest that you tweek with your settings under the "comments" section and require letter identification in order to comment.

why didn't you give the guy your phone number? i have never had anyone try to get my attention like that. there were some guys sitting next to me on the train yesterday who were acting like jerks. their pick up line? 'what are you reading?' to which i showed them my polish/english new testament. evangelism over a beer anyone?

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaah! don't ban me!!!! ;-) go ahead and do what you need to do. I'll find some way around registering.

-Raja

7:24 AM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Raja, I am jealous that you always read Phoofy's blog but you don't read mine!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home