My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Friday, July 29, 2005

Sing Along

At first there was some hesitation on my part to share what is soon to follow. But then I reasoned, why should I deprive my faithful readers of these very "personal and flattering" ideals? All questions regarding the before mentioned quotations can be addressed on a one to one basis. I digress. I figure it best works this way. God put a good number of these thoughts and feelings into this pathetic tin can idly sitting on my shoulders, so why allow them to clang around in there distracting me from my daily routine? Why not, as Madonna would say, "express yourself"? And so it is that I feel compelled to exercise the 1st Amendment. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do:

Cue guitar. . . . .

Here's the thing we started out friends - tis true, very true. . . .
It was cool but it was all pretend - yeah I've only just figured that out now!
Yeah yeah, since you been gone.
Dedicated, you took the time - nah. . .perhaps this should read you TOOK your time. . . .
Wasn't long till I called you mine - never quite made it to that point
Yeah yeah, since you been gone.
And all you'd ever hear me say is how I picture me with you - about a million times. . . .
That's all you'd ever hear me say - no joke!
But since you been gone, I can breathe for the first time - this line speaks for itself!
I'm so movin' on - baby steps. . .
Yeah yeah
Thanks to you, now I get what I want - doesn't really apply to me, but whatever. . . .
Since you been gone.
How can I put it, you put me on - ain't that the truth. . . .?
I even fell for that stupid long song - Ha!. . .I'm not that lucky!
Yeah yeah, since you been gone.
How come I never hear you say, I just wanna be with you? - good question!
Guess you never felt that way - yeah, took you long enough to tell me that!
You had your chance, you blew it - although we all know you don't see it this way. . .
Out of sight, out of mind - I'm not this kind of person. . .
Shut your mouth I just can't take it
Again and again and again and again - this is about the time I hung up. . . .

Kelly Clarkson - Since You Been Gone

I sincerely hope you've enjoyed my rendition of this song. It's one of my new favorites. Strange as it is, it really spoke directly to me when I first heard it. But, there are some rules when listening to this song.

1. Sing as loud as you can, even if it sounds bad!
2. Be angry if that is what you're feeling.
3. Move your body! I especially prefer to head bang to this one.
4. Release some stress!

Man, I feel better already!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KELLY CLARKSON!!! I LOVE HER!!!!!!! That is like only the best song! ;) JK

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Btw this song starts off my day a lot! (lately anyway...) You are right though, with the rules thing. My cousin and I listen to the song and do all of them at once!! Its hilarious!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home