My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Sunday, July 17, 2005

In The Beginning

If you recall, at the beginning of it all, there was nothing, and then there was something, and later there was someone. Note the italics. There was one. Then god realized that one was not enough. After all, one is the loneliest number. And thus took place the world's first surgery ever.

Of course we all know how the rest of the story goes. There was Adam and there was Eve, and they were one, husband and wife. At this point you are probably wondering what my point is. My elder sister questions why I would want to be married. To this I have to say that I believe it is a desire that is put within us from God. That is not to say that if someone does not desire marriage that their desire is not from God. There are some people that really would fare better in this world if they were just alone. They can be more beneficial and accomplish more for God and overall when it is just them.

For me, I used to kid myself and claim that I never wanted to be married and it was all bologna and for the birds. But I really wasn't fooling anyone. I don't feel that there is anything wrong with wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone else. I want to experience this gift that God has given us.

On the flipside there are those who have told me that I need to be okay with the idea of being alone because that might be God's plan for me. I agree that this is always something that could happen. Like I have said before, I know god loves to throw me the curveball. But at the same time God also promises that He will give us the desires of our heart if we have faith in Him. This of course takes a great deal of patience. But I feel that He knows what I want and what would be best for me, and I am trying to strengthen my faith, knowing that in the end He will grant me happiness.

We are His children and He longs to make us happy. Let's see what happens!

3 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

i know it is normal and God-given to want to be married! i know i am the reject screw-up odd-ball here. i know it! i wish i could be happy, like, fully 100 percent happy with the idea of being married. but, for starters, i was originally intended to live forever, and i think being expected to make such a life altering decision as marriage around the age of 22, 23, 28, 30 even is asking way too much, way too soon. what about tfd? time for dolly, for herself? what about each of us?

furthermore, i don't like the idea of marraige because of what i will have to give up. some couples take such saftey procautions as reserving eye contact only for each other and never being with a member of the opposite sex alone. i think these are super and necessary precautions, but dude, i am not interested in being so cautious. i want to spend monday's with kris, tuesday's with peter, wednesday's with bryce, thursday's with *ehem* and friday's with our very own dad! can't do that once you are married! so you see, for me, it isn't what marriage would give me as much as what it will take away...

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Feeling that clock ticking already huh? I got news for you. In India you're all expired! :-p


-Raja

Dolly those safety precautions are hilarious. What am I gonna do if my boss is a girl, I can't look her in the eyes! I'll end up one of those nervous shifty looking people who can't make eye contact.

6:55 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Where is my sister!!!!!!!!!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home