My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

So Now What?

I supposed it's the Porawski in me, rearing its ugly head, but I have to admit, after receiving my RN there is still something stirring inside me. Maybe it's just indigestion, I'm not sure, but I'm beginning to feel a little restless. By no means am I indicating that I would like to return to school. Although the thought has crossed my mind. Laugh if you will, but I have considered getting into writing of some sorts. The idea of seeing my name beneath an article in a nursing journal really toots my horn. Yet at the same time I really would like to branch outside of medicine and touch the world with the wild and crazy thoughts and ideas from the deeper end of my head.

Not that I tire of nursing and that it is no longer my utmost passion, but more that I would really like to prove to people that there is more to me then the medical jargon and the nursing stories. There have been many an occasion when I looked over at my conversational unit only to find that their inner thoughts had taken control of their attention span and they really were only humoring me with nods and uh-huh's. If you have had the privilege of reading my past few blogs you may have already discovered the deeper and yet more murky end of my head, as I not so gently addressed the ever and always touchy subject of love.

I don't know. It's like I always say, God loves to throw me the curve ball. I never know what's going to happen next.

10 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Do it! Write something! Although music and teaching are my first passions, I definitly have every intention of publishing memoirs, and doing the writing part some time soon at least. Porawski's have a lot to say- at least our generation!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Nikki said...

YOu BOTH should do something!!! You are BOTH VERY talented writers! I always enjoy reading anything that is written from either one of you. :))

2:21 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Phoof, on the note of writing, I have been looking for your latest and greatest prose, but alas it escapes me. Can you post it again?

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felices Fiestas!

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear nurse patti,

i have a problem. all the time i want to vomit. i had some tomatoe samiches for b-fast yesterday and from that time until around noon i drank about two glasses of water. it seems to me that none of this ever went through. i drank some juice after that because i was very thirsty and for the rest of the day wanted to vomit. now i don't want to eat anything. what can i do? i'm scared!

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear nurse patti,

i have a problem. whenever i leave my house i am over come by an anxious feeling that somewhere on the earth it is probably raining. this thought frightens me so much that i walk around everywhere all the time with my umbrella up. i even went to bed last night sleeping under the umbrella. it is becoming difficult when my boyfriend wants to make love to me. i am just not talented enough to make love and hold the umbrella at the same time. he is getting frustrated. i had a daughter last year and we named her umbrella, just because i love that word so much. umbrella, umbrella you're better than my fella. nurse patti, i feel like i am loose control, and it's going to RAIN! what can i do?

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning nurse patti,

i am a patient on the floor where you work, and i need to talk to you about a problem with my roommate and our remote control. i don't know what he is in here for- i think he had some infection after the extraction of his wisdom teeth. anyway, we have a tv of course, and i would like to watch certain programs from time to time and this is where my problem comes in. i am bed ridden and in order to operate the televisor i need the remote. but my roomate has taken a strange and sick liking to the remote control. sometimes when he thinks i am asleep, i hear him talking to this remote and saying all sorts of sweet nothings to it- about turning it on and pushing it's buttons- i don't know what all. i even saw him licking this remote once, and who knows what else he has done with it! i think all the buttons provide some kind of ribbed pleasure for him- of course that is sick! and i'm not touching that RC, but days of our lives is one and besides the tumor on my liver, i am dying to know what is happening! please help!

3:54 AM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Yo, Pooper Scooper! Leon is back from the G.C. and is stronlgy requesting your presence. He said to "come right over". Furthermore, neither he nor I have your new phone number, because you have a new one right? Thing you could share? Laff...

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try cake decorating. The results will be delicious.

-Raja

9:33 PM  
Blogger williams jones said...

Thansk for sharing What an interesting site you have i really take a good look buy cocaine online and you can also take a good look at our blog too for more information buy crack cocaine online we also recommend you to take a good look at this site too they have good content buy mdma crystals online more of the site still want you to take a closer look too as they have really good content buy crystal meth online thanks for using your time to check on the link.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home