My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Smorgasbord

Over the past few weeks I have had too great a number of experiences that I fear they have not all been committed to memory. What's more is that I fear this computer would not have all the memory space necessary for recording them all. Ironically I find myself sitting before this computer screen struggling to find something to write about. Although, there are a few matters I would like to address.

First matter of business would involve the anonymous someone who has been leaving me comments on this site. Dear fellow, and you must know what an audacious statement I am making by assuming that you are in fact a member of the male species, let yourself be known! You are only frustrating me as I sit here and ponder your identity, whereas allowing yourself to be known could very well prove to be beneficial for the both of us. With that said, I am expecting to hear from the real you very soon.

For those of you who are not up to speed with my life events, I am in the process of striving to become a registered nurse. Oh how I long to see that attachment behind my name. Patti Porawski R.N. So it would only make sense to update my readers on this very important aspect of my life. A few weeks ago I received me ATT (Authorization To Test). In a nutshell, this means that I have the official okay from the state of Tennessee to take my state board exam, NCLEX (Nursing Certification and Licensure Exam). My testing date is Wednesday, June 22 at 9:00 AM here in good ole Chattanooga. Please make big black marks on your calendars on this day and say a thousand prayers in my favor. I am quite terrified. I have heard far too many horror stories about failing NCLEX and certainly do not want to become one of those storytellers myself.

Another big event in my life is my lease signing for my apartment, which just so happens to be today!. At 3:00 PM I am going to sign my lease and then next week, hopefully after the rain stops, I will be able to move my things into my fabulous living quarters. Of course I am beyond excited. It is so refreshing to be on my own and not have to depend on anyone but God. He's surely been good to me.

Funny thing. My patients always question me about my social life. Yet yesterday was the first time I have ever had someone think I was married. It was my patient's wife who presented me with the question. I respectfully and sorrowfully replied in the negative. She then proceeded to ask if I was seeing someone. Again, negative. "Well," she replied, "We'll have to find you a special Moe." After thinking about it last night and this morning, I think she was right. He will be a special Moe. Especially considering how long I've been waiting for him.

Thus concludes my smorgasbord of thoughts to you, my readers. Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

hehehe!! My mom just took her nurse test thing a little while ago and then came to find out she didn't need to take it after all.
:( I'll be praying for u on the 22nd!! That's if I can remember.. She said it wasn't too hard but she also did a lot of reviewing! I trust you'll do great because afterall you are one of the Porawski sisters! The Great and fabulous! ;)

2:39 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

big time prayers going up for you. hey, do you think you could let your sister know you are alive? just once in a while? btw, if you give me about 2 hundred bucks, I'll get you polish citizenship while I am getting mine. :D laff....

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well I'm not the only Anonymous one who Comments, but I'm the Person who calls fairly often but hardly ever gets ahold of you.

6:41 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

WHERE IS MY SISTER!!!!! Hey man, Leon tried to call you yesterday to take you out, but alas no answer. DUDE, where are you all the time?

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home