My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Sofa Lady

Long before I ever moved out of Thatcher Hall I began searching for furnishings for my own place when I eventually did move on to bigger and better things. Now that I am on my own the search for inexpensive buys that suit my tastes has become more furious then ever.

Yesterday, after 8 hours of computer class at Memorial, Jamie and I set out to locate a scrubs shop in Fort Oglefort, GA that everyone is raving about. With much success we arrived at our destination and not at all disappointed. All the news that we had heard about this particular shop was above and beyond what we had expected. As we pulled into the parking lot I noticed a discount furniture outlet at the other end of the shopping complex and asked Jamie if we could please pop in there before we headed back to Chattanooga. Without hesitation she accepted and thus we continued into the scrub store.

About an hour later with parcels in hand Jamie and I ran through the not so surprising downpour, to the furniture outlet. Upon entering we were all but attacked by one of the store clerks. This woman gave a whole new meaning to salespitch. Immediately she asked what kind of merchandise we might be looking for and offered her assistance. I informed her that we were just looking that I had already found the sofa that I wanted somewhere online. Before even finishing my sentence she bombarded me with questions concerning what I had decided on. A little bewildered I described to her the sofa that I had seen online. It's online description was Cinnebar, and it's color extremely difficult to translate into comprehensible words. In the past when I have tried to describe it, most people just cock their head to the side and screw up their face as if I am speaking French to them or something. Thus far my best attempt would be to describe it as a mix between a crayon shade of orange with a smidge of pink. Being the bright person that I am, I was rather taken with it the first time I saw it.

The sofa lady then dragged me around the entire warehouse showing me this sofa and that sofa which was supposedly called Cinnebar, most of which turned out to be more of a brown color than anything else. When I finally insisted that my sofa's color was not here she forewarned me that I might not want to purchase something offline because maybe the color would turn out to be somewhat unexpected, and on and on!


"Well," I thought, "I'm willing to take that chance!" Sheesh! Talk about raining on my parade!

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Well, though I am not sure the color of your couch would suit my tastes, I am all for you getting a couch. A couch, in my opinion, is one of the single most important furiture items you can have. My personal dream is to buy a couch- and I will get one that folds back into a bed.

I also dream about having house hold applicance- a juicer, an electric mixer, a washer-dryer, fridge-freezer and an oven. ach. What more could a girl ask for? ;) More important than the spouse are the appliances- they probably can do more for you in the end anyway. ;P (he he he) :D

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home