My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, May 05, 2005

She's Still Got It!

Curled up on my new bed, adorned with my new sheets, I busted out a beat up notebook, armed with my Bic. Nibbling on a Milkyway and humming along with the 80's radio station, I began to write. Earlier this morning I toted my writing supplies along on a trip to the laundromat. Yet the spinning and the churning and surrounding conversation about the Mark of the Beast was a little more than distracting. I should have known better than to go to the laundromat in Collegedale.

My trip proved to produce a few scribbled ideas and lines, but nothing substantial. Following my pathetic attempt at a batchelorette's lunch, I settled down to finish what little I had started. Normally I only spit out one poem at a time. The closest I have written two poems was within the same day, yet hours apart. For whatever reason, once I had finished the one, I simply continued and jumped into another. I am not sure of what caliber they measure up to, but at least I took that first step. I produced something, whether crappy or spectacular.

I may not have him. I may not have anyone right now. I may never have anyone. I may live the rest of this life haunted by the memories of a tall dark and handsome past. But I still have this. I can write. I still feel. I'm not afraid to be me.

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Nice work Phoofy. I feel the same way about singing.

laff...

1:56 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

I'm checking your blog for updates, and for some reason, this time looking at your title makes me think of that song "she's got it! yeah baby she's got it! I'm your Venus, I'm your fire at your desire!"

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home