My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Encore!

With meds given and patients tucked in the clock strikes 11 or as we say 2300 and thus begins downtime. In these free moments, instead of kicking back and relaxing briefly I have chosen to read up on my blog comments. It seems that I have muddied the water quite a bit with my feelings. I truly appreciate all the well calculated and genteely spoken words of encouragement concerning the direction my life is taking. But in all honesty I feel these comments are a bit biased. In fact I almost fell out of my chair necessitating some sort of resuscitation when I read some of the names of those commenting. You know who you are if you are reading this. I appreciate your point of view and yet at the same time, aside from my sister, yours is the most biased. Although I must admit that my views are also extremely biased.

Point in case, I wrote these things hoping that I would feel some sort of catharsis. I feel that I have been quite successful in my endevours. In fact I had a follow up today with someone a bit more knowledgable than any of my faithful commentors.

I really prefer gushing over my Bible and crying out to God as opposed to throwing things. For one it is less destructive and for another it is really inexpensive for a therapy session lasting as long as you desire. I held a prayer vigil, asking for leading and guiding and truth. I more or less have yet again submitted this to His will. There is a reason for these feelings. I am firm believer that there is a reason for everything that happens. I’ve also been told by someone very close to me that all the bad things in this life God will turn into something good. It my not be today or tomorrow, or even a year, but someday we can look back on a partiular scenario and see where He was leading.

Not to be hokey but there is a song by Rascal Flatts, a really great country song, and it goes a little like this:

Every long lost dream,
Lead me to where you are,
Others who broke my heart,
They were like Northern stars,
Pointing me on my way,
Into your lovin’ arms.
This much I know is true,
That God blessed the broken road,
That led me straight to you. . . . . . .


In a nutshell, this is how I feel. I had become so frustrated with myself and this façade that I was presenting. Tired of pretending that I felt one way when really my heart speaks something completely different. I can’t explain loving this person, I just always have. And to me that is the most beautiful thing. No conditions. No excuses. Just love. It’s a take it or leave it ultimatum. I feel as though a load has been lifted off my chest just by simply saying what I have been thinking for so long. But it’s in God’s hands, and He’s got a plan that is better than anything I can think of or any of my readers. It may take me awhile to get there, but it will come.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

In the end, the choice is ours. To continue loving or not to love is within all of our power. If you say no, then you are saying we do not have self control or will and if you say that, if we cannot control what we do, then how can we ever become righteous? Yes, our righteousness comes from letting Christ stand in our place, but we are then told to "go and sin no more". I am not saying it happens overnight, but love is not only a feeling, it is a choice, it is a reciprication.

I can love someone uncontrollably, but first I decide and allow myself to loose control to them. Choice is there. I also may have feelings or attractions, but I choose to control my mind and to not Love.

Or I can love, but from a distance, acknowledging that what I want cannot be, keeping the good it gave in my heart, but moving on.

There is something beautiful in suffering, especially over love. Holding onto something- thinking about it, dwelling on it. "to be glad, just to be sad thinking of (that person)". But as far as I am concerned enough is enough. Have I said it already? You have blood which ties you to mee and ours. It is the blood of people who refused to be toyed with, to be abused by this 'love'. I ran and now am free, keep love at bay and no one can hurt me. It is not what I want, but it is what I must. Feel that same blood in your own body and embrace it.

I'm praying for you.

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home