My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

One More Thing

I'm getting the impression that people, especially those who are privy to the most intimate details of the afore mentioned situation, think me to be completely off my rocker. All these feelings that I have so foolishly revealed to nearly all the world are indeed the inhabitations of the utmost deepest parts of the heart and my head.

I feel that within all of us remains the tendency to be naive. Unfortunately I often catch myself in such situations. I'm sure that unanimously most would consider that my current state is one such occasion. I can't help but continue this topic of discussion, for I feel a bit slighted, and very misunderstood.

I am big into reason. I want to know why, and this is readily clear after considering my choice of occupation. I don't just want you to tell the heart is failing. I want to know why. I want to know there is ventricular hypertrophy or cardimyopathy or whatever the case may be. Then I want to know what that means. Fill me in. Help me understand. I feel this sense of curiosity, if you will, comes as a great benefit, and at the same time it is my curse. It is not rare for me to offer up prayers of questioning. Why? I want to know why? Tell me why this is happening. Yet just a few months ago, I read a quote off of someone's door while walking through the dorm. I don't know who the author of such words is, but his or her words struck me with such truth.

"The heart has reasons that even reason does not know."

Call it stupidity. Call it ignorance. Call it whatever you wish. But don't think that these are not all things that I have not repeatedly and currently considered. With that said, I shall now attempt to recap the can of worms that I have opened over the past few days.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

i'm curious, what question are you asking exactly? here are some questions i have that maybe you can answer:
1. why does my sister continue to love a scumb bag piece of pooh after he has degrated her in every way possible?

2. what exactly does my sister see in this scub bag piece of pooh in the first place when all of her family and most of her friends are against any part of there being any sort of relationship?

3. why doesn't my sister finally take the advice of people who love her, care about her, and have been through far worse situations and therefore have foresight, ie, why doesn't she start her life over and have enough self control to cut off contact even if she does have feelings for this scub bag piece of pooh.

4. Does my sister really want to risk being with an unstable scumb bag piece of pooh when after two generations 87 percent of marriages in our family have ended up in divorce? (And this is counting people, not counting multiple times they were married.) Does she really even want to think about risking her life with scub bag piece of pooh?

"The Heart has reasons..." but you know, we are not animals driven buy instinct alone. We are intelligent human beings who have been given a brain as well as a heart. My last question is 5. How has someone as incredibly intelligent as my sister allowed her self to loose all sense of reason over one little scub bag piece of pooh?

I rest.

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home