My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Friday, July 15, 2005

What Do You Want On Your Tombstone?

Of course I am not talking about those horrible cardboard-like pizzas you can buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store, although that might be a nice alternative. I got to thinking the other day how my tombstone might read when I finally take my eternal dirt nap. For quite some time I had been shooting for "Another one bites the dust." It just has a nice ring to it. But recently I have had a change of heart in regards to more than just my obituary. Nevertheless I have settled on something a bit more stinging and all too familiar to my ears. Thus it would be my official request that should I die in the near, or possibly even distant future, I would be much appreciative if the following should be engraved on my stony headboard:
You'll Make A Great Wife
The more cyanical woman in me, finds this pathetic reassurance quite hilarious and yet at the same time breaks my heart in two. Although I feel it is a tad bit incomplete, and really truly can only read in its entirety if finished by the one who repeatedly makes such a proclamation to me. Perhaps the more complete version would read something like this:
You'll Make A Great Wife. . . .Just Not Mine
There now, don't we feel better? I certainly do.

4 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Ug!

Now for my tombstone! I would like a bust of myself with a grave in the very polish fasion and on my stone I would like the words to the hymn/song "How can I keep from singing." I also was talking with someone the other day- kris or peter about how I would like a button put on my grave that you could push to hear a short recording of my laugh- I refuse to stop being happy!

2:22 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

ps. news of your outting with the Poles has already reached Podkowa, and not through me! Is it true that there was never a moment of silence? ;) They liked you!

2:23 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

Who wants to be a wife anyway?!?! The moment you become a wife you will be jealous and irrational, your body will be destroyed by this and that, you will have to submit and give out and put up with... no thank you.

There are so many mornings I wake up and am so thankful that I am alone! That it's just me. I can go here and there and be with this one and that one, but I still have the freedom to escape, to be alone, safe, and me...

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha!

That's great! You'd make a great wife, just not mine. I'm going to have to used that on someone.

-Raja

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home