My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Handsome Theory

I've yet to use it in any of my poetry or other literary expressions, but I've heard it been used in both masculine and feminine forms. I really prefer to use the word when relating to masculine subjects, but I won't deny that when used properly it can be equally as flattering.

Handsome - it's such a beautifully adaptive word. Like beauty in general, it varies from eye to eye, thus eliminating the idea of a standard. Unfortunately it seems to be terribly underused, as if it's outdated or obsolete. I have my own personal theory behind the word itself and its meaning. I suppose you could call it my own connotation that I've applied to the word as I've experienced it in my life.


I never was one to find myself complimenting men, probably out of spite due to their lack. But as I've matured it's become slightly less awkward and handsome, next to spiffy, is usually my descriptive word of choice, possibly because the word itself is a mature one. It's everlasting.


A handsome man isn't just handsome for a moment. He always is. Almost as if it's an inherent part of his being. From one second in time to the next, it just gets better. Like you missed something in your first glance, and then continued to omit that certain something even after and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th peek.


With each passing look you discover a different glimmer in his eye or even a single piece of hair that has managed to place itself even more strategically across the brow of that special someone. And regardless of whether one is 24 or 40, and separated by a significant number of seconds, he's still just as handsome, if not more.


It's not something one outgrows. It's more like a good wine. It just gets better with time. But it's just a theory.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

are you reading yourself? aren't these truths i discovered long ago? like, at the age of 15?

a handsome man is a man in a three piece suit- one that doesn't say anything and only moves in a way that shows the strength through his back and shoulders. i love that.

ps. i swear these word verifications look like words in polish.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home