My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Southern Snowfall

Early Thursday morning I received a text message from The Second - it was snowing! Without even thinking I threw back the covers and headed outside in my PJ's for a quick frolic in fluffy coolness. Once I realized that one of my neighbors was watching me I quickly ran back inside. After warming up I was inspired to write something. I'm not quite sure whether I would call it a poem or not. You be the judge.

A silent snowfall gently descends on the residents of Chattanooga, TN.
The town has not seen this blanket of white in a couple years.
And as panic sets in for many I lean back to confront the heavens,
And receive this gift face first.
Glistening off the dark background of my peacoat,
Each flake expresses its individuality before melting into nothingness.
If I've ever felt joy,
Surely it is now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. KIMP said...

As a fellow alumnus of Southern (2004), I'm interested to hear about the happenings in Happy Valley. My memories of winter were of darkness, barren trees, and a general feeling of melancholoy. But I do recall once or twice seeing snow. Enjoy it! And keep up the nice work on your blog.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home