My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

It Wouldn't Kill You

Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it would. I think I've held back for long enough. Today's events proved to bear sufficient weight for breaking the camel's back. You really can only pretend for so long. Then after too long, and too little effort the lack thereof starts to show.

Ever feel like all you do is give? Ever feel like everyone in your life, especially those who matter most to you, all they know how to do is take? And they take, and take, and take, till there's almost nothing left. Ever feel like the things that really matter, the things that matter to you, are taking a backseat to the petty everyday trifles of everyone else? What does friendship mean anymore anyway?

The way I see it, I'm worth more than just a dial tone. I'm worth more than just a one syllable compliment, or a one line letter. I'm worth more than a first glance, or even a second or third. I've got so much passion and love, not only for life and my vocation, but more importantly for the people that make up that life. I love too easily. This is both my curse and my blessing. But this is not something to be taken advantage of. If these beliefs make me conceited than I suppose that is what I am. It is very rare that I think I'm worth much of anything. But I'm not so blind to not see that I'm definitely worth more than this.

It wouldn't kill you to put forth a little effort. And if that's too much to ask, if that's too much for you to muster up, than I guess you wouldn't be at a loss anyway, because you haven't even noticed that I'm already gone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's right sister! go sister, go! i'm praying for you at 10. pho-dick has joined in at your 4. you ARE worth more, and don't forget it!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home