My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

E. E. Cummings

I know I've recently complained about over complimentary men, but I'm sure that if someone walked up to me and said the things that I've read in this poem I'd recant every syllable. I could only wish to write something so unspeakable, something that for years to come would touch the lives of others so deeply. I don't think I've ever heard anything so beautiful. In fact, to call it such is an understatement. I cried the first time I heard it, as well as the second. So you've been forewarned. Grab a Kleenex and enjoy:

I Carry Your Heart With Me

I carry your heart with me, I carry it in my heart,
I am never without it
Anywhere I go, you go, my dear
And whatever is done by only me, is your doing, my darling.

I fear no fate, for you are my fate, my sweet
I want no world, for beautiful, you are my world, my true
And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
And whatever a sun will always sing is you.

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life
Which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide
And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart.

I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.


3 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

hey, you've heard me sing this song, right? i sang it at jenny's wedding too... one of my favorites. "...whatever a moon has always meant..."

9:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

update! update!! update!!! update!!!! AAARRRGGG!!!!

12:25 AM  
Blogger Lev said...

Patti, the Southern Belle and Dolle, you are a goode girle and I want to see you asap. email me at dr.mashchak@gmail.com and I want to connect with you tomorrow. love, Lev
cell: 331-0448

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home