My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy New Year

Okay, so I'm about 5 months ahead of schedule. But really, I'm 3 days into my 23rd year of life. Thus, to mark the beginning of this new beginning, I've committed to a few new resolutions, and they are as follows:

1. Exercise - it's almost a profanity. I hate it. To most people this would imply that I'm trying to lose weight. But really what it comes down to is how I feel physically. I'm not a sickly type person, but there are days when I come home from work and I can barely move I hurt so much. I suppose I'm just easily categorized as one of with a whimpy physique. So I've decided to start myself on a daily regimen of yoga to regain my flexibility, and continue doing my lunges with a bit more furvor. I'm hoping to tone up a bit.

2. Erasure - I've often spoke of this in the past. I suppose to some it sounds complicated or mysterious, but really it's exactly what it sounds like. Whatever, or in this case, whoever is acting as a parasite in your life, sucking you dry of either your energy or joy, get rid of them, completely and permanently. Sounds cold-hearted and just down right mean. But depending on the circumstances and the person, it's what must be done. In the past I've tried my best to do this concerning certain people, but I've never really completely followed through. This year has been one more year, and it's the last year. No more. D.B. you've taken my heart and soul, my sweat, blood, and most of all, my tears, and then graciously given me even more of the latter. But no more. Your name's not worth the energy it takes for my lips to form the syllables, and quite frankly, there's not enough room in my life for someone so demanding and yet still so unappreciative of the person I am or the person I strive to be. So what's the point of talking about what once was, or even what I thought would be? This heart is open, although hesitantly, and not even a memory is going to keep me from being happy.

It's not much but at the same time I feel as though I'm about to climb Everest. I suppose what I'm hoping for is a better year than last. Not that this past year has not brought me some of the greatest blessings I could ask for, but it's like this: I believe, if I'm correct, it was the Children of Israel that God was talking to and He said, "Open your mouth wide" and He promised to fill them with blessings uncountable. I guess I just have my mouth open, and in the meantime we wait. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

go to adventistmatch.com and sign up there. there are some cute guys that could also give you something to re-write over that erasure with. :D the first week is free, so give it a try.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home