My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Friday, July 07, 2006

By Popular Demand

I recently reentered the poetry scene. I have not been able to write since November of last year. But really that does not surprise me. Poetry comes to me in spurts. Once I start up again, I can usually spit out another 2 or 3 before the fire within dies down and hibernates for awhile. Time off allows for the creative juices to marinade a really great topic, which eventually will become the foundation for a really wonderful work of art.

This most recent piece just came to me and I wrote it in about 15 minutes. I suppose that is why I am not as content with it as I am some of my other works. But I have to give credit where credit is deserved. It really came from the heart.

I wasn't going to openly display this one for my readers, not only because I feel that it could use a little more work, but mostly because I feel a little uncomfortable with its origins. There are just some days that I feel absolutely miserable, as I am sure happens to most people who are willing to admit to it. Despite technology and the numerous options for contacting and communicating with people, it's just not the same as staring into the eyes of someone you know is really listening and really cares about you. I often feel this void. No one around. Nothing to fill all the empty space. Fill my rooms with things and I still feel the same way. And thus was my inspiration.

Within The Void


Silence so overwhelming
That even silence itself
Can't hear above the
Deafening siren.

Loneliness so consuming
That empty spaces
Wish personalities into
Inanimate objects.

Anything,
Anyone,
Any voice,
To fill this void.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home