My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bad Boys

Now that I've started, I'm not sure why I didn't include girls in the title for this blog. Heavens knows that this world has seen her fair share of bad girls, which really sometimes are worse off than even the worst boy. Nevertheless, that was the first thing that came to mind and thus that is what I'll stick with. Besides, once you finish reading this blog my omission will appear a bit clearer.

Someone once told me, "All girls want a bad boy at least once in their lifetime." What she forgot to mention was what exactly differentiates the good from the bad, because as sad as it is, "good" and "bad" are really quite subjective. What is good to one may be absolutely intolerable to another. What's worse is that our society seems to have a mild obsession with the bad boy image. Everywhere you look there is the portrayal of a bad guy, who ironically seems to have it all despite his immoral behavior.

I never really considered this to be a topic of significance until yesterday. While spending the day with a dear friend we browsed the web and of course found ourselves perusing multiple MySpace accounts. One person's site we visited rather quickly, out of jest, boasted some comment about being a "pimp" and since he considered himself to be such, that was justification enough for his promiscuous behavior, not to mention the fact that being such made him the envy of all his friends.

I wasn't at all surprised to read these things. I even had to laugh out loud. I might even be tempted to agree with this person's view of themselves. Yet I cannot understand the fascination and even the pride one finds in association with such riff raff. How often do you meet a prostitute or drug dealer who's openly boastful of his lifestyle choices? Better yet, how often do you meet a mother sporting a bumper sticker that proclaims her son/daughter is a criminal rather than a straight "A" student? It just makes no sense to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous łóżka do sypialni said...

ciekawe

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home