My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Spilled Milk

Forget spilled, try altogether lost. I haven't been grocery shopping in about 2 1/2 weeks. So when the sell by date on the milk started slowly creeping closer and closer, I figured that I had waited long enough to replenish my pantry.

I felt rather clever after deciding to skip the daytime rush and crusie the Wal-Mart aisles during the nocturnal hours. Yet now, looking back on the evening, I have a sneaky suspicion that the riff raff jumping in front of my chart the entire time I tried to shop could very well likely be the reason for me forgetting or losing my milk.

Yesterday, 2 days post grocery shopping, I opened the refridge looking for the fresh milk. It was nowhere to be found. I checked all the storage draws, only to close the door slightly perturbed. I continued my search by looking in all the kitchen cabinets and even running out and popping Bianca's trunk, almost praying that I had not been so stupid as to leave the milk in the car and not notice the stench as it rotted in the 110 degree TN summer sun. It wasn't there. Thus I found myself digging in the trash hunting down my cashier's receipt. Yep, I wasn't crazy. I really had bought some milk.

So now all I have to do is convince the people at Wal-Mart that I did in fact buy some milk about 3 days ago and only just 2 days ago noticed that it was missing. I have never felt so blond as now. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know, i heard that you can force yourself to lactate. i don't know if it is true- i never tried it myself because holy COW would i have a problem with my already humungous boobies filled with milk. however you could give it a try... i don't know how would do it though with and assistant. those antimilk folks always say, cow milk for baby cow, human milk for baby human. so basically, why are we not jumping on this band wagon and going into the breast milk buisness? whaddya think sis? hmm...

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i mean without an assistant, sorry.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home