My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny

So much of what we believe about ourselves originates from our surroundings. And in the world in which we live, it's no wonder that so many people have contradictory views of beauty. I've always been a firm believer that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which completely eliminates even the slightest notion of a standard. It's like Mag always reminds me, sexy is nothing more than an attitude, a belief.

Thus I've adopted a new way of thinking. Why should my confidence and feelings of self worth come solely from a compliment or lack thereof? Can't I feel genuinely beautiful independent of what a man or anyone else thinks of me?


Mom always say, "If you want to feel depressed about yourself just go bathing suit shopping." So in keeping with my new resolution, I decided to go twice the distance, hoping to negate the depression that Mom claims is inevitable, and thus bought not
one, but two barely-there bikinis for this up and coming summer season. Now all I have to do is muster up the courage to wear them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home