My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm Fine

Recently I've had a number of individuals from work approach me and ask if I was "okay?" accompanied by that look - it's not quite the hairy eyeball but closely resembles it. Apparently I've given a few people the impression that there is something bothering me. Someone even went so far as to say that the last time they saw me I was frowning. Of course I don't walk around with a mirror to verify whether I was really frowning or not. I suppose it's not out the realm of possibilities. Even the happiest person in the world, on occasion, will find a reason to frown.

Regardless of whether I was really frowning or not, I've examined my behavior over the last few days in case there is something that I can detect that is bothering me. The only thing I could come up with is the fact that the same couple of people keep insisting that there is something bothering me. To be quite honest, it's raking on my nerves just slightly. It's almost as if they want something to be wrong. I will admit that I've been a lot more quiet than usual, but that's not related to any kind of depression. I suppose it's possible that their concern is simply being misconstrued as something else, but I'm really preparing myself for a full-on volcanic eruption the next time someone asks me if I'm okay!

I appreciate the concern, but please don't ask me 3 days in a row if I am okay, when I've already insisted that I'm fine. I have a wonderful support group and if there was something bothering me, I wouldn't hesistate to contact one of them and have a chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home