My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Finding Contentment

It's been creeping up on me for some time now, but really only just slapped me across the face about a week ago. I suppose you'd call it an epiphany. For quite awhile now people have been lecturing me on the importance of being content with myself. But even more than that, I've discovered the importance of being content with the way my life is.

For so long I've bemoaned the fact that I'm single, while in the background of my wailing, I have many friends, both married and single, who have tried with much persistance to convince me that this is a good thing. Did I forget to mention that their persistance was unsuccessful? It was! Until these last few weeks.

I'm not sure when it was that I realized being single is so wonderful. Perhaps it was one of those many nights where I've laid awake until 3:00 AM. Regardless of the when, I can officially say that I've found contentment. Of course I still have my moments when my skin aches because I haven't been touched, or I'm so lonely I feel like suffocating. But hopefully those moments will become few and far between. I'm really looking forward to just being able to enjoy freedom and maybe even learn a little more about myself along the way. Quite frankly, I'm tired of worrying about Mr. Wonderful and when I'm going to find him. My heart's still hurting and healing all at the same time.

Otherwise, I'm just happy, nothing more, and nothing less, except for when someone approaches me and asks me about The Second's soon departure to CCU. But that's another blog. . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home