My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Crash and Burn

You really can only ride a high for so long, and inevitably when it ends you're more than likely going to find yourself down in the dumps. It's like the adrenaline rush that sweeps over me after a code 99. During the madness I have total access to all the energy that my little body requires to get the job done. Afterwards, all my body systems take a complete and utter nosedive leaving me feeling like sleeping, vomitting, or crying. The latter usually wins that battle just simply because it seems to be what I do best.

Earlier this week I'd blogger about my serotonin high caused by all the wonderful weather. I'm sure that there was something else that contributed to those giddy, lighthearted feelings, but I'm still not sure what that something was. Hopefully it'll return to me and stay for a little longer. Unfortunately the high has long since ended.

Tuesday, being my worst day in awhile, I would have cried my eyes out if you'd even looked at me crosseyed. Which actually wasn't even necessary being that I was home alone and found myself crying my eyes out anyway. Luckily all the tears were not in vain and I actually slept a little that night.

Wednesday was another bright and sun-shiny day which I spent downtown, taking pictures of the sights and pretending that I'm good at it. It was one of those picturesque days that I could bottle up and keep in the back of one of the kitchen cabinets only to be released on one of those horribly rainy days that Tennessee is oh-so famous for. Despite the beauty around me, I felt a little under the weather, surrounded by people and things, and yet all alone.

Thursday brought me back to work and into the routine again. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, not so high up in the clouds, or down in the dumps, but more like I'm resting on level ground.

Tomorrow's another day, with challenges all it's own, and hopefully a few surprises as well. And so I trudge on, with my chin up, and my brave face on, because after all, I am a Porawski, and this is what we do best, one step at a time. . . .

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

what we porawskis do best is love! and live in denial that our mothers crazy genes aren't going to turn on any moment!

under the weather? sounds like a beany the liar who sets things on fire moment (but it wasn't me, it was the cat!)

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home