My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Confessionals

It seems that this week has been officially deemed the week for confessions, (not necessarily bad confessions, but confessions nonetheless). Being that it's Friday and we've all unloaded our deepest, darkest secrets I can only hope that everyone else feels as liberated as I do.

I'd felt like I trudged through the last 7 months or more with a 10 ton weight on my back, that only seemed to get bigger with each passing day. I'd debated laying it to rest and coming clean but I hadn't mustered up the courage yet, and felt too, that maybe I had a little more strength left. Maybe I would be able to carry this one for just a little bit longer.

But there always comes a point when one can no longer pretend that their back isn't breaking under the pressure. I've always been the kind of person to dread regret. I'd rather feel a fool or stick my foot in my mouth, (which really is a regularly occuring embarrassment) than wake up one day and realize that I've made an irreversable mistake, or in this case, omission.

Needless to say, I've come clean to the necessary parties, and although at moments I still question my overall decision to come clean, I cannot deny the relief my heart feels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home