My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Happy Birthday Bianca!

One year ago today I sat with my head resting on the edge of Ed Emerson's desk, the head financer at the local Toyota dealership. He preceded to ask me if I was, "Okay?" But I didn't let my nerves get the best of me that day. As one of the most independent actions of my entire life, I signed about 50 papers therefore making me the very proud owner of a brand new 2006 Corolla Sport, whom I most affectionately refer to as Bianca.

I remember the euphoria as I laid in the middle of my living room floor after driving her home that night. No more worries of whether I was going to make it to my destination. No more summer trips where I lingered on the boarders of heat stroke. No more pulling over to fill the radiator with water. No more!

Not that I my days with Wanda were not also at one time filled with joy as I recall speeding down Jenkins with Bryan Adams blaring out the windows. It's just so much more liberating to not have to carry that burden of apprehension asking myself, "Will I get there?"

Currently I'm about to turn over the 15,000 mile mark, which means that Bianca is in need of a birthday tune-up. The timing could not be more perfect. So here's to you Bianca, my faithful steed! Thanks for a great first year and all the joy you bring me even, though you're just a car. There's plenty more where that came from!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home