My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, March 10, 2007

In Dreams

They say that girls dream of their Prince Charming. Me? I dream of Barbara Streisand. Let me explain:

Lately I've been having an awful time trying to sleep. I used to feel so sorry for insomniacs, and now that I've become one myself, I have a whole new respect for the millions of Americans who lay awake at night, tossing and turning as I do. I used to think that it was because I had something on my mind, but as I previously blogged, there's really nothing that should be keeping me from sawing some logs.

Last night seemed to be one of those nights. Try as I might, I could not sleep, even if you paid me. Funny thing though, all that tossing and turning trying actually wears you out, and I finally fell asleep, only to have the weirdest dreams ever. I'm still not sure if they were the result of sheer exhaustion or the Cherry Pepsi that I drank prior to climbing in bed. Either way, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

Dream #1 :

I was sitting in the back seat of Mom's Ford Explorer next to my nephew, Connor, who was no longer 2 going on 3, but about 6 months old. We were in PA of course, driving past the Mobile which is now the Luk Oil. As we approached the piano shop (which has been there for as long as I have been alive and I can't for the life of me remember the name of the dang store!) I looked out the window and gasped as I watched a funnel cloud form in the distance. I immediately pointed out the black and grey monster to Mom, who really seemed to care less, and just kept right on driving toward the tornado. As I continued to watch in horror the tornado began changing colors. It took on a golden hue. As we neared the piano shop I was surprised that really there was no wind or storm at all. As I glanced behind the store, there stood a movie crew with lights and other equipment, making the tornado. Not long after the shock of the whole thing set in, I woke up. . . . .

Dream #2 :

Shortly after the tornado dream I fell asleep again, and had an even weirder dream. I found myself at the Montgomery Mall, back in PA, shopping for diamond tennis bracelets at one of the many jewelry stores. The woman showed me a number of different bracelets and then took me by the hand and guided me to a glass-top case. "This," she said is what I was looking for. After unlocking the case, she pulled out what looked like a penny that had been shrunk down and put on a chain. I was flabbergasted. I tried to tell her that this is not what I was looking for, but she wouldn't hear of it. I got so mad that I left.

Next I found myself wandering into Victoria's Secret. But it wasn't so much the fact that I was there, as what I was wearing. Dressed in knee high leather stelletoes, leggings, and something else that I'm sure is just as equally embarrassing, I looked more like a Pussy Cat Doll then myself, but I digress.

Standing in the doorway was none other than Barbara Streisand who immediately complimented me on my "hot bod" but then added that she didn't like my smile. She never sang really, just followed me throughout the store. Suddenly Dolly appeared and we shopped for some dresses, which I specifically remember costing $160.00. I was so shocked that I'm sure that's what woke me up. . . . . .

I'm not sure what it all means, but I think that's the last time I'll drink Cherry Pepsi before going to bed!

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

grafton piano. glad for the priviledge to be in your dreams.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home