My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Miss Understood

I feel as if I'm not coming across very clearly to my readers. In response to this last blog entry I received a comment that left me a little confused and thus I feel the need to clarify a few things.

Oatmeal's protege is not some creep. He hasn't done anything to hurt me, and he's certainly not trying to win my affections. In fact, he's very involved with his own significant other. I was just merely relating an instance of harmless flirtation and wondering about the meaning behind it all as it jogged some memories from my past involving someone who on a good day I would graciously, and in a very attempted Christian-like manor refer to as
only a creep. I could easily think of a few more colorful adjectives to describe said person, but why stoop to that level?

Furthermore, my curiosity doesn't stem from some secret interest in him. He is barely what I would call an acquaintance. That's not to say that I wouldn't care if something happened to him. That would go against my nature. Yet, he is certainly not someone I would confide in (no offense to him) or even remotely someone that I hold near and dear to my heart.


I have a hard time accepting any type of compliment, especially those that I consider to be a little over the top, such as what he said to me the other morning. Which really is no one's fault but my own. I allowed one person, one very unworthy person, to steal my joy and confidence in myself. Thus whenever some Joe Bag o' Donuts says something sickeningly sweet to me I can't help but wonder what his motives are, and what he really means. If it were someone like The Second or even Santa Claus, there would be no question in regards to their sincerity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home