My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bringing Sexy Back

On 1 North we're always bringing sexy back. I don't care who you are, or what you do, or even if you intended on bringing sexy back - it's happening! Our nurses, our techs, our secretaries, our phlebotomists, our respiratory therapists, and a specially select few of our doctors have truly got it going on. Perhaps I'm a little biased, but it just seems to me that we do what everyone else does except with a little extra pizazz.

Last night, for the first time in about 2 weeks, I actually had a good, productive, relatively easy, night at work, despite the fact that I was on the Killer Corners. At about 2 or 3 'o clock in the morning Momma called out to me from room 187, and before she even opened her mouth I knew what she needed. Just a few days before I'd dealt with the exact same scenario 3 times over! Thus I was not surprised when she admitted with much dismay that the patient's colostomy had come off yet again, and she needed some help getting him situated. But really if the story was that easy I probably wouldn't be telling it.


This particular patient was on contact isolation due to having certain infections, mandating that whenever you went in the room to care for the patient you were required to wear a long sleeve, blue plastic gown, face mask, and gloves. Lucky for me, having cared for the patient before, and being deemed colostomy expert by the family, I headed down to the room to offer my assistance. I feel like I ought to own a brown cape with a "C" on it or something. Anyway, I got all decked out and headed into the room. I suppose now would be an ideal time to tell you that the aforementioned plastic gown swallows me whole, literally. Once I have this costume completely on I look more like an astronaut ready to head into outer space than a nurse. It's all but flattering. But I digress. . . .


So I'm in the room doing that amazing colostomy thing I do, and for whatever reason the
I'm Too Sexy song jumps into my head, and the whole time I'm trying to concentrate and do what needs to be done I can't help but hum to myself, "I'm too sexy for this gown, this mask, these gloves. So sexy it hurts!"

Later I told Momma that we should perform our version of the song for hospital administration. I bet they'd like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

i like the brown cape with a c thing. i think you should definitely make a video and put it on you tube. write a book too.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home