My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

Growing up my older sister dubbed us as follows: she had the talent, Vicky had the looks, and I had the brains. Yet with each passing year I am beginning to think that perhaps anything of genetic worth found its way into her DNA, leaving the rest of us lacking.

The other day she related to me a conversation that she had with D.B. look-a-like. If I remember correctly he said something to the effect of, "Aren't you in love?" And being the woman she is she retorted, "Aren't you in love?" He returned the question with the typical male response, "Of course." Again prying just a little deeper she asked the obvious question, "With who?" Finally after ping ponging back and forth he admitted it was her that he loved. I simultaneously felt pangs of both joy and discouragement. Joy in that she had found love and seems to be the only one in our family thus far to find it, yet discouraged and probably a little jealous because it seems no matter what I do, I'll never be able to get someone to fall in love with me.

It seems she has this inherent ablility to get men to fall in love with her. Foreign, American, young, old, it really doesn't matter. And she doesn't even have to be looking for it either. She's the posterchild for my favorite Sting song. Put her in a room with a man and you can almost hear the lyrics and melody being piped into the background - Every little thing she does is magic. . . . .

Someone once told me that not everyone in this world is meant to be with someone. I'm not sure if they were truly being honest or if they were trying to depress me. In a few weeks I'll be 24 and I'm really beginning to believe that love just isn't in the cards for me. I'm fully aware of the fact that I'm still young and I have "plenty of time for marriage etc." But I can't help but wonder why I can't seem to set fire to someone's soul.

Maybe it's not in my numbers. I'll have to ask Voodoo Number Lady.

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

i always check your blog.

every little thing i do is not magic. i assure you that if you were to come to poland you would also have many suitors at your feet because it's the foreign that attracts them. will anything work out with yani and i? only time will tell. love is not enough to make a life, but what you said about the brains is true. i'm a little more brainy now because i am single (yes, single, not married, no one talking about that topic with me) just like you, only i am happier with it. you've got to be happy with it too.

3:38 AM  
Blogger lady be good said...

btw, i sent off your package yesterday!!!!!!! i was so excited!!!!! in it is a book for you about how attraction works with guys, so get ready because your life's about to change.

3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home