My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Music Junkie

Voodoo Number Lady and I must be kindred spirits. It seems the longer I know her, the more I find that we have in common. She has this inherent ability to sense my likes and dislikes.

For a number of weeks now she has been telling me about one of her favorite songs by Tori Amos called
Famous Blue Raincoat. Apparently she found it on a single quite a few years ago and can't seem to find it anywhere else. She was sure that I would like it just as much as she does, and has been promising me that she would let me borrow it so I could make a copy for not only myself, but an extra one for her as well.

Finally, just this week she brought it into work. Not surprisingly, I really enjoyed Famous Blue Raincoat.Tori Amos is really talented on the piano. But she also brought along another CD that she wanted me to listen to so I could throw my opinion her way. The album is called
Songbird and the artist is Eva Cassidy. She reminds me a lot of Nora Jones, but she seems to have a bit of a gospel edge. I wasn't sure whether I would like her work, but it will just blow you away! Her voice is so soothing, and of course I already have a favorite song. Check out the lyrics below and enjoy!

Songbird


For you there'll be no crying

For you the sun will be shining

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you

It's all right I know it's right


And the songbirds keep singing

Like they know the score

And I love you I love you I love you

Like never before


To you I would give the world

To you I'd never be cold

'Cause I feel that when I'm with you

It's all right I know it's right


And the songbirds keep singing

Like they know the score

And I love you I love you I love you

Like never before Like never before


Like never before. . . . .



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home