My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Nursing The Nurse

I'm sick. I'm really sick. It doesn't happen often but when it does it seems to come out of nowhere and with great fury. One day I feel well, and the next day I'm flat on my back.

Last night I burned with fever. Physiologically I know that it's beneficial to have a fever. It's the body's way of telling you that the immune system is working in your favor. But quite frankly I'd rather just skip it. In my humble opinion, having a fever is the worst thing about being sick. I went to bed at about 8 PM and did not fall asleep until about 5 o' clock the next morning.

The one time that I was able to get out of bed for a drink of water, the bed felt like a restaurant grittle, burning from the afterthought of my body's struggle to get better.

As I laid in bed, hour after hour, tossing and turning, I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of my situation. On a daily basis I take care of sick people. I do it so much that sometimes I actually get sick of it. Then when the tables are turned and it's me who's sick I pick right up where I left off, the nurse taking care of the nurse. And I have to admit, taking care of yourself when you're completely helpless is one of the hardest jobs in the world.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home