My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Throwing In The Towel

With each passing day I am becoming more and more resolved with the idea of just remaining single, not because I want to, but because it seems inevitable. I've never had much success when it comes to love. I generally find myself falling for Mr. Unattainable.

My love life consists of 2 distinct scenarios: I love the man who will never love me in return, and I love the man who realistically would never exist. I fear too, that I've set the bar too high, so that even the most perfect person has some unacceptable flaw. How picky is too picky, and am I settling if I decide to nix some of my standards and values just to ensure that I'm not alone?


For my 24th birthday Dolly sent me the most amazing package brimming with wonderfully personalized gifts. In her wisdom she sent me a copy of a book she's read and reread, and insists has changed the way she relates to men. It's called "Catch Him and Keep Him." by Christian Carter. Apparently the author has cracked open the skull of the average Joe Bag O' Donuts and dissected his brain. We just so happen to be the lucky recipients of his findings.

I started reading "Catch Him and Keep Him" but didn't get very far. I'm tired. I'm tired of being told that I have to play this game, and follow these rules just to hook a man, when there's no guarantee that he's even worthwhile.

I like to consider myself to be a fairly simple, uncomplicated female. Despite what men think there are some of us who are in fact, very decided and straight-laced . What's so complicated about wanting to be with a Christian, honest, trustworthy, faithful, sensitive man?

So really at the present my life consists mostly of work and friends, which unfortunately has proven to be just as challenging as finding Mr. Wonderful. Our lives are so mismatched anymore. Everybody's got their own agenda, and the days don't hold enough hours to accomplish everything on our To-Do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home