My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Harley Girl!



I never really thought of myself as a Harley-type girl. And it's not that there is anything wrong with Harley Davidson motorcycles. I've always loved motorcycles. I suppose I let myself fall victim to the stereotype that comes with those types of bikes. When I think of Harleys I usually think of rough, tatooed, old men with long unkept beards, and long straggly hair.

About a week ago Thumper and I were bored and so we just hopped in Bianca and started aimlessly driving around. We ended up in Chattanooga at the Harley Davidson dealership. I had never been there before and so I was a little excited to see what it was like. Thumper warned me though that we could not spend too much time in the showroom because of course, he would see something he wanted. Ironically, we were there until closing time. They practically had to kick us out.

While he was walking around talking to one of the salesmen, I found her. There she was, one of the most beautiful motorcycles I have ever seen. Modeled after motorcycles that were driven in the post-war era, the Crossbones looks like a bike you would see in an old 1940's movie. As Thumper came back around to where I was standing I pointed her out to him. For the rest of the evening we wandered around and would select a bike and ask me how I liked it compared to the Crossbones. Everytime my response was the same, "I like mine better." Apparently I said it so much that after sitting on it he was just as convinced as I was.

Thus it is that my perspective has changed. Harleys are a household name, the manufacturer of a very classy, well-made, very expensive, motorcycle. Now all we need to do is find some money so we can buy that beauty!

2 Comments:

Blogger breastfeedingtips said...

My dad has a Harley, and he is hardly and old man with a big belly and a long beard!! I still don't like motorcycles though!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home