My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Who Cares?

Supposedly this is the philosophy that I have been advised to adopt, except the original verbage used is under censorship. Apparently there are quite a few things that I have to change about myself, according to a select few of my fellow co-workers.

I am fully aware of the fact that I let things bother me a bit to easily, but I think that there are some people out there who can vouch for me and testify that I have much improved in that department in comparison with years past. The little things are more like little things and thus they are less bothersome. Yet apparently there are things at work that I am supposed to allow to roll off my back as if I am a duck or something. For example, apparently I am supposed to not let a patient in respiratory distress get me flustered. Hello! If I were the person in the bed I would surely appreciate someone who cared enough to get their adrenaline pumping if I was in some sort of distress, be it respiratory or cardiac or whatever. Sigh.

It's times like these I wish I had the nerve to raise my voice and lay the smack down and vocalize what it is that I really feel. I'd rather care too much than not enough. I'd rather not look in the mirror only to find myself so doused in apathy that it's oozing from my pores. I'd rather be a little spastic every now and then than not give a $*!#.

I guess I am just a little frustrated right now. Oh wait. . .maybe that's something I should change too. . . . .

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

i have also been given the duck speech- but that was years ago at gpja when i KNOW i was ultra sensitive. and yes phoofy, you have greatly improved over the years, however to some extent how emotional you get over things is part of your charm. ;)

as you continue improving, i have a little advice. when things are getting to you, just say allowed to your self, 'i don't give a damn!' it is even more effective if you add before that 'frankly scarlet'. ;)

12:16 AM  
Blogger lady be good said...

kurcze, i mean aloud, not allowed.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home