My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Doctor is IN

It seems that lately I have the answer to everything and anything. I'm never surprised when I answer my phone and suddenly become inundated with medical questions and detailed descriptions of personal symptoms. Generally I have something insightful to say and credible advice to give. Yet, like I previously mentioned, the questions as of late have spanned the topics of marriage, all the way down the line to sex! Listen folks, there is not an "M.D." after my name, nor is there a "G.O.D." after my name! I'm not a doctor of psychiatry. I'm not your therapist. And I'm certainly not your sex therapist! I don't have the answers you are looking for!

I understand that desperate times call for desperate measures, but please, try to find someone to spill your guts to who knows even a fraction of what you're talking about. I know Jack squat about sex people! I haven't been kissed, touched, or even looked at cross-eyed in years. In case that wasn't blunt enough for you -
I'm a virgin! Hello! I'm at a loss as to what you want me to say. Not only do I not know anything about sex but I know nothing about marriage either. I know nothing about marital spats. I'm not the best mediator for this situation.

Even bigger though than my loss for words is my future plan of action. I can't say, "Don't call me." My ears and shoulders are always open for business. I'm always available to listen, and you can always cry on my shoulder. I even enjoy giving advice when I feel the situation merits my minute expertise. Yet, why would you seek the advice of someone who knows nothing about what you are experiencing? Sure, there are times when all you need is someone to listen. But wouldn't you feel odd talking about sex with someone who had never had sex before? Maybe I'm wrong, but to me that is HUGE, not to mention extremely personal. I wouldn't even talk to my mother about something like that. This is why people go to school and become therapists specializing in various aspects of human life.


I'm not saying that I'm not there for these people who find themselves in these sorts of situations. If that were the case I just wouldn't answer my phone, and I wouldn't be the friend that I am. All I'm asking is that you think before you put me in an awkward, hopeless situation.


The doctor is OUT!

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

whoa, a very personal blog. you don't have to be personally experienced to give sex advice. we've all watched movies with amorous scenes. a few of those flicks and anyone can be an expert.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home