My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

NoRm@1?

Apparently someone that I work with claims to have found an accurate definition for what is normal and without hesitation informed me that I was not it, which brings me to my point; what is normal. I'd like to meet the idiot who even thought up the word because when it really boils down to it nothing in this world is normal, in fact from a Biblical perspective, everything is quite screwed up, and here is my reasoning:

When the world was created everything was perfect and thus one might say that everything was normal. There existed no flaw in any creature that God had made and man was so intelligent and so pure and life was so great that there was nothing that was subordinate in comparison to something else. Everything was wonderful in it's own way. Everything held purpose, a great purpose, or else why would God have made it?

Then as the story goes, curiosity killed the cat, or should I say mankind? Woman was so intrigued by the words and temptations of Satan. The thoughts of Knowlegde like she had never known whet her appetite and thus we stand a present day in the mess that was created so many moons ago, and from that point onward, nothing was normal.

Hence we return to my work situation. According to Mr. Know-It-All I'm just a little off kilter, for a number of reasons:

  1. I'm a Yankee - which really doesn't make me abnormal, it makes him prejudice.
  2. I'm female.
  3. I use words like "hairy eyeball" & "narfy"
  4. I'm short.
  5. I went to Southern Adventist University and I genuinely liked it and all my teachers.
  6. I take nursing seriously.
  7. I take my mistakes seriously.
  8. I don't drink.
  9. I don't party.
  10. I don't have sex.
  11. I want to be married.
  12. I want to be a mother someday.
  13. I'm a Phillies, Eagles, Sixers fan regardless of how the season is going.
  14. I bought a rocking chair.
  15. I like writing, particularly writing poetry.
And really the list could go on and on and on and on and on. . . . . . What really urks me is that these people ask me about myself and what I like to do and what my plans are and where I think I am going in this life and then they have the gawl to ridicule me for my dreams and who I am. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and most of the people that I work with, but there are a few select few that I really could do without. As a dear dear friend just recently told me, "You are the way God meant for you to be. . ." Or maybe it should say I am who God meant for me to be. And really if this person is the standard for what's normal in this life, quite frankly, we are all doomed, because I have never met someone so harsh and judgemental ever. If he is the standard there is no such thing as hope anymore, just forget it ever existed.

And granted I am mildly different from some of the people that I have met in this lifetime, but that has never stopped them from liking me. In fact that is what has made them like me all the more - at least I think so. I could always be wrong. Let me know

3 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

There is no way in Hades that I would even ever want to be 'normal.' I even had a cabin at camp one year and we called ourselves the "non-conformist midnight phantoms." I have to say that not everyone was amused, but I certainly was. :D

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm... yeah. The whole peculiar people thing comes to mind. People are supposed to notice how different we are. It's definitely a good thing.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Raja

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home