My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Clean Slate

Of course this being a new year, I felt compelled to write a blog looking back on the previous year. Generally I try not to classify things in one lump sum. I make an honest effort to see the positive amongst the negative. But really all I can say is that this past year was wrecked. It was just plain horrible. I really don't mean to be so bluntly negative, but I cannot seem to see through all the darkness of 2005. Of course there were a few choice moments that glimmered with their own specialness, but for the most part, it was all rubbish.

Thus this next year I have decided, must be better than the last. I rang in the new year in hospital room 182. The patient occupying said room was watching the ball drop before turning in and thus the nurses on duty at 1 North joined in the celebration. Looking back on the occasion I feel slightly disappointed that I was not resting peacefully in the arms of the love of my life, but I was earning time and a half, so I suppose I have nothing to complain about.

Funny thing too is that I have also made quite a few New Year's resolutions, while in years past I resolved not to make resolutions, and I am proud to say that with the strength of the Lord I have been doing very well in keeping then. Now of course it has only been a few days since we greeted this new year. But I figure a good start is better than no start at all.

Unfortunately though there is always something the comes along and flips the new year upside down and shakes the optimism out of me. It seems that with every passing year I lose someone that I love dearly or at least loved at one point in time. Last year it was Mr. Alabama, which really I am not mourning over much anymore. If this year is going to be better for any single reason, it will be because he has really become nonexistant in this world as I know it. Yet the other day I received some definite news regarding the dearest of friends of mine, who is leaving this state we both have come to love so dearly, only to return to home, a life I know nothing about. Sigh. It's really thrown me for a loop. I'm not sure what else could go wrong at this point in time.

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

sister, the good news is that Jesus can wipe our slate clean everyday. but there is something good about entering the new year, isn't there? i have (i hope) abandoned more than one sin there. love ya, praying for ya. come and visit me.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Call Me Crazy said...

Hey Patti! Hope things are going well there on 1N. I'm here in KY and life is going relatively well. Always bumps in the road, but I'm keeping my chin up and taking them in stride. I should be getting my ATT next week or so. (finally!!) Have a lovely day. Would love to here from you!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home