My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, December 01, 2005

This Is Your Wake Up Call!

I felt so lazy today. I am making a really bad habit of just staying in bed all day long and those of you who know me, know that I am not that kind of person. I don't mind sleeping in a little when I get the chance, but generally I am a morning person. Hence the fact that I worked at the SAU cafeteria for three years, with my shift beginning at the ripe hour of 5:00 AM.

I did not work last night and thus I stayed up a little later than usual. I have been getting these horrible cravings for things that I just can't name. I know what I am hungry for and yet at the same time I cannot seem to get it out. Therefore I thought it best to take the last 2 dollars in the wallet and head to the local Micky D's. Mind you, this was around the hour of 11:00 PM. I pulled into the drive thru and ordered 2 apple pies from the dollar menu and headed back home. I then settled down with my pies and a steaming cup of hot chocolate. This late night snack seemed to hit the spot but I'm not quite sure that apples pies is what I was really craving.

At 7:00 AM my alarm went off and I simply rolled over, turned it off, and went back to sleep. Had it not been for the neighbors upstairs, who, as is their habit, began yelling and screaming and crying and running all around above my head, I would have slept more soundly. Yet that was not the plan and thus I slept rather restlessly till about 2:00 PM when Mom called to talk.

And thus lies the problem. I did not drag my pathetic little body out of bed until 2:00 PM! I'm feeling a great need for some motivation. I wish I had a dog to take out, or someone to wait on, or something that required my immediate morning atttenion. I suppose I could automatically say that God requires my immediate attention during the early morning hours, yet I know that would be as challenging as it is for me in the evening. But I think I am going to make the effort for this next week to get up while it is still morning. I'm sure my body's circadian rhythm would appreciate a slight bit of normalcy.

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

if i was pulling graveyard shifts, for sure i'd be sleepin in later than 2! to spite how well deserved it may be, i still understand how you feel. i remember summer 2003 where i was pulling 3-4 a.m.ers all the time, and getting up at 11 seem so unrighteous... uh...

sorry, can't wrap my thoughts together. i don't remember what my point was. it's too late...

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home