My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Thursday, November 10, 2005

B-Day

As opposed to D-Day, although it feels more like D-Day. Today being the 29th or 30th birthday of someone who shall remain nameless, although I am sure that those of you who are closest to me will hit the nail on the head. I'm sure that I'm in the line of fire now and am sure to get some flack for even bringing it up but I could not resist.

Hopefully this time next year not only his age will become a blur but the person even celebrating will become more of a blur as well. Of course that sounds bad but this is the road to recovery and it's not always pretty. Sigh.

I have to give myself credit where credit is deserved and thus I'm proud to say that thus far I have not cried even once today. In fact I was out in public and I held the door open for the woman behind me and she commented that I seem to have so much energy and it is so "refreshing" to see someone like that. I suppose the bounce in my step is what gave it away, the one that Dolly tells me makes it difficult to walk arm in arm with me down the promanade at Southern.

Golly am I glad that I am not that old yet. I'm not saying that I think 30 is overly ripe and ready for the grave. I just know there has to be so much more that I have yet to experience and if I were in said person's shoes I would feel a little cheated. It seems that he has missed out on much. At lest from my perspective. But enough.

I spent the day perparing a surprise for someone I love. Hopefully the U.S. postal service will be good to me and deliver it speedily. Doubtful, but hey a girl can hope can't she? Look for a yellow box. Yeah that's right, yellow. It had to stand out!

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Tell me it is ME who you love! Because I love you!

3:01 PM  
Blogger lady be good said...

I would sing 'sto lat' except I don't think that shmuck deserves to live 100 more years and I am waiting for dad to beat the living day lights out of him.

;D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home