My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Monday, November 21, 2005

Pass The Gravy

And the stuffing, and the cranberries, and oh, the turkey! Turkey day is on the rise and thus I have been thinking about all the things that I am going to miss this year as it is that I am not going to be partaking of the festivities with my family in Pennsylvania.

In fact I was telling someone the other day that I am really going to miss cooking with Dad, or at least watching him cook. He always gets up at the crack of dawn and stumbles into the kitchen with his hair going every which way, one hand stuck up inside the turkey and the other waving goofily as mom, in her negligee, snaps his picture and the dogs go berserk from the flash. Classic Thanksgiving. Then there is Dolly making me laugh doing her Swedish Chef impressions and Vicky and I flipping through the channels looking for something decent on TV.

I've really been trying not to dwell on the whole thing. I'm actually really getting excited about going to Jamie's house and meeting the rest of the Ledford crew, not to mention she has been telling me about all the food that we are going to be eatting and really and truly eatting is my favorite past time. So make way, cuz your gonna have to roll me out of the house!

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

eh, my sweedish chef is nothing compared to my starving baby bird impression- remember that one? there also is the drowning french carrot AND the drowning quadrapalegic. too bad i can't master those monty python guys. ;)

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thanksgiving!

nikki

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home