My Photo
Name:
Location: Cleveland, Tennessee, United States

Step behind the curtain and take a peek into the real world of nursing - uncut and uncensored!

Monday, December 15, 2008

Field Trip!

On Friday Thumper was scheduled to go to the Corvette plant with one of his classes. He had signed me up to go with him, and actually I was really excited to go. For some reason he sometimes thinks that cars bore me. I tried to explain to him that really that's just a stereotype that society has put on women, because you know that women really only care about shoes and handbags!

He told me to be awake and ready by 8:00 AM so I set my alarm a little earlier than that, just to be safe. I assumed that meant that the bus was leaving at 8:30 AM. After playing fiddle-faddle-foo all morning, we headed to the school only to find that the bus had been gone for about a half hour already. On the way back to Thumper's house we passed the bus headed for the interstate. Normally I might have tried to chase them down, but I was quickly halted by a red light just before making a u-turn. So it was that we headed back to Thumper's house.

It was early and so Thumper jumped online trying to find something to do. In the meantime I laid down for a catnap till he called my name from the computer room. He asked if I was interested in going offroading in the truck, another thing he often thinks disinterests me because I'm a girl. I'd been waiting these last 8 months that we had been dating for him to take me offroading so I jumped at the chance to finally go. We played on Google Earth and Mapquest for awhile making sure our directions we correct and then headed to Beasley Knob located somewhere in northern Georgia.

Surprisingly we didn't have any problem finding the place, but were disappointed to find that the trails were closed due to the recent rainfall. Along the way Thumper showed me the river, and the dam, and explained to me how they use the water to make electricity. At one point along the river he stopped, stood on top of the Yota, and took the picture posted above. I was beautiful and cold!

So since Plan-A fell through the cracks, Plan-B went swiftly into effect. Thumper had remembered going to a little town with his dad that he said was set up like it was Switzerland. As we drove around the surroundings seemed more and more familiar to Thumper so he got on the horn and called his dad who said we weren't far from the little town Thumper had been telling me about. So we drove up the mountain and then down the mountain, the most twisty, curvy road I've ever been on, until we arrive in Helen, GA.

It was just as he had described. All the buildings looked like they were right out of a storybook, and everything was decorated for Christmas which made it just that more picturesque. We did some shopping, and walked around till the sun went down, then Thumper drove us home.

We had our own field trip which was a million times better than any trip to the Corvette plant. What could be better than spending the day under the mountains, and the blue winter sky, and driving along the river in a blue Toyota pick-up truck with the man you love?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The nfl jerseys store Broncos are 8-5 and have Christian Louboutin Women Flat games left against the Patriots, Chiefs and cheap nfl jerseys Raiders, three of the four NFL teams who christian louboutin shoes have Nike Air Max 90 already reached NFL Tom Brady Jerseys at least 10 wins. They christian louboutin uk probably Nike Air Max 2015 Shoes need louboutin outlet to christian louboutin men flat win two Nike Free Run of christian louboutin Panettone spiked leather wallet those three to make the playoffs. This will feel like a wholesale nfl jerseys playoff game already for NFL Rob Gronkowski Nike Jerseys them.

7:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home